Sunday, September 18, 2011

~*Welcoming Fall*~

So long Summer, Hello Fall
Summer was a beautiful success. Just as I was starting to feel the woes of worry for something so wonderful coming to an end, a fall breeze swept through town and the excitement of something new filled me up.  What a great reminder that the end of one thing is always the beginning of another.
 Sure, packing away the beach chairs and watching the pool come down was a tug at the heart strings.  But it opened up possibility for jeans and hoodies, fires and football.
 And luckily, I was able to squeeze one last warm night in the city to kiss the summer goodbye, and  for a fabulous reason- a good friends birthday! So I took advantage of shorts and heels and crossed the bridge to Philadelphia to celebrate good girlfriends and transitions.  The great thing about living 5 minutes from a city like Philadelphia is there is an abundance of art, history and trendy bars and food spots to last a lifetime.  We started our night at Tria, an adorable wine bar with small plate offerings of meats, cheeses and flat breads.  Although Tria isn't grand on size, they make up for that in quaintness, service and the open wall windows that leave you feeling as if you are sitting right on the street.  Tria offers two of my favorite things; yummy snacks and great people watching.  I had the sweet Riesling as well as a Rose Champagne.   A few hours later with the warm breeze calling, we hit the streets to see what else the night would find.  A quick duck into an Irish bar somewhere (I have no idea), and  eventually we ended up at Public House. We found the DJ here more our style and danced the rest of the night and summer away.  It was a great nod goodbye to summer.
plate at Tria, not my thing but points for presentation
With the birthday girl <3


enjoying the weather with the girls

outsideTria

making our own dance floor

 I am writing this with the windows open, under a blanket.  My burning candle that was summer sand is now replaced with Autumn Spice. I traded my tank top in for this Eagles sweatshirt and the Monday night game is on the TV.   I am not missing summer right now; I am looking forward to all that fall has to offer.  I am a planner so I have to be careful not to rush Christmas and the New Year and stay present here in the moment and enjoy this time. Pine cones, apple pie, tailgates, comfy sweats, long walks, changing leavings, open windows, fires, cinnamon, fall festivals, halloween- what are you soaking up right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment