Thursday, September 5, 2013

Design your own Silk Scarf- this summers backyard Par~tay

I wanted to throw together a little backyard party this past summer just to shower some love on my ladies and enjoy some drinks in this too short lived Jersey summer weather.  I had met a lady at the women's league function who will bring equipment to your home to allow your guests to design their own scarves, so I thought this would be a great addition.
 I bought some cool backyard lighting options from Home Goods (my favorite goods for your home shopping destination)  I found some tea light holders made to slide into old empty wine bottles (scattered around yard) and a few battery based decorations.  Of course I had to have some clever citronella burners as I live behind a baseball field. I ran some white lights around some trees, put out some flowers and boom, little ambiance.
I wanted to have a couple signature drinks and some nosh out as well.  I did a Sushi tray from Wegmans of spicy tuna/avocado and california roll.
This veggie tray with a spicy ranch dip

I made a pasta salad and I have to pause to recognize the cheese.  If you like HOT and I mean HOT, this is for you.  I used it sparingly so people wouldn't be on fire.





Peach Sangria

3 different champagnes with frozen grapes


Bruschetta
Everyone was able to pick their own colors based on what they wanted to use their scarf for.  (fall, winter, summer wrap over bathing suit, table) The ladies gave us a demo of how to create designs in the water and were on hand to help with each design.
You add the paint colors  you like to the water, create design, lay scarf...

and voila!





Laying the scarf onto the water, picks up color and design immediately!








I wish I had this at home because there is so much pressure with the first one and now I feel better prepared to design.  Jenn- I am waiting for you to have yours now! I also need to do one with a more fall colored tone.  I tried to get the most out of my summer based colors on my last beach trip as a wrap, but really, that thing doesn't cover much.

No comments:

Post a Comment