Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend Update with Seth Meyers (well, Weekend Update)



Sea Isle city is completely packed.  And made for the 21 year old community.  But we went anyway.  It was the most crowded beach I have ever been on by far but as soon as you are laying out under the sun you could care less.  Yesterday I went with a few girlfriends to catch rays and drinks on a quick day trip.  I've been to Ocean City a bunch already this summer and we are heading to Atlantic City Friday so we wanted to switch it up.  We were happy when we were reminded there are young kids pushing carts yelling FUDDDGGGEY WUDDGGEY....now you just don't get that on the other beaches.  Being the entrepreneurs we are, we suggested they start carrying beers incognito and charging $5 a pop, they would kill! I haven't had a Popsicle in forever and this had pieces of strawberry in it.  We caught up on our research (us and in touch magazine) and discussed the efficiency of Match.com.
My gift from the Fudgey Wudgey Boy
 As people packed into the OD (Ocean Drive) we were too busy falling in love with the DJ to notice.  Now I am not talking about physically; I am talking about his choice of music.  While we knew we were entering the town of 21-25 being the majority age, he was playing the beats of our high school years and we were loving it. 
Lucky us just in time for $5 happy hour $3 refill Sweet Tea Vodka

I was so exhausted when I came home I hit the old lady button and showered and crashed early.  I slept in today for the first time in forever but I couldn't lay around.  With my crazy schedule this upcoming week I have a ton that had to get done.  This would be normal boring Sunday chores of laundry, unpacking/packing, cleaning and blah blah.  I got most of it done and went to see this !cute face! before heading to the grocery store....


The monsoon that hit Audubon today happened just in time for my grocery trip but I can't complain: I saw someones car stuck in a flooded section of the shopping center, she was having a much harder day then me.  The rain slowed up my plans and I was starving by the time I got home so I wanted something quick, thankful for the pre-made rotisserie chicken, what a good idea.
Quick steamed broccoli

Made my own quick dressing (and enough for the week) Balsamic, splash of EVOO, sea salt & pepper, scoop of Dijon mustard and if you have it around, finely chopped garlic (you can do with or without) Healthier then a bottled version and SO much better.

Left over Rotisserie chicken put to lunch this week.

After dinner it was apparent the rain wasn't letting up and my entire house was perfectly clean, so it was time to bake.  This recipe is one of my favorite and it is from the website ElanasPantry.Com, which I think is one of the best Gluten Free/Sugar Free sites around. Chocolate Chip Banana Cake:

First bowl: *3 cups blanched almond flour *1/2 teaspoon sea salt*1 teaspoon baking soda
Second Bowl:1/4 cup grape seed oil, 3 large eggs, 1/4 agave, 1 tablespoon vanilla
Third Bowl: 2-3 very ripe Bananas, mashed
Mix together, Add cacao chocolate chips *I do almost a cup. Bake for 35 minutes

To stay productive while it was baking I mixed together this bath tub cleaning spray I pulled from Pintrest.  Best way to clean your bathroom tub by far, I will never buy a tub cleaning product again!


Same parts Dawn Liquid Soap & Vinegar, heat in micro quickly and dump into spray bottle.  Spray on tub, let sit for 15 minutes and wipe away.  Your tub will never look so shiny.
All this and the cake was done just in time to set up for Sunday HBO: True Blood & News Room *my personal opinion of best shows on TV right now.



Feeling productive.  Was your kitchen getting any bake love on this rainy day?



















2 comments: