Friday, July 29, 2011

July Fly By

Here we are, end of July.  How fast that flew by. I was lazy with my blog because summer is so darn distracting.  I can't believe August is knocking on my door already.  
 Yesterday I walked into the mall and I was surrounded by fall.  Summer dresses and flip flops were replaced by fall stilettos and racks of jeans. Five steps in I fell in love with a deep Marc Jacobs brown leather bag  The shopaholic in me got a instant high off of all the new fashion and the eagerness to fill my closet with the new clothes and styles.  For a second I hustled into Fall- crisp leaves, pumpkin spice candles, football Sundays, homemade gravy, long walks...I do love fall.  But wait, I wasn't ready for summer to be over.  So I quickly found a pair of shorts and and a tank top (a way for me to insist summer still has time to spare) and I ran out the door.  Being that August is right over my head, I have to make conscience decisions to plan to enjoy it.  Working 40 hours a week can really cramp your summer style.  I am going to try and enjoy as many long weekends as possible.  In July I was able to take a week off work and rent a great house on Asbury Ave in Ocean City and really relax.  It was fabulous not to think about cleaning or working or hear any cries from my home for attention.
Enjoying Beach Time with Friends

Getting our Mini Golf Fix in

Dinner with my Beautiful Sister

Shopping on the Boards with Mom 

Family drove down for a dinner


Best Sushi in Avalon


I also squeezed some random beach days in July, swam in our little pool, sat outside for drinks and enjoyed our company happy hour party at the River Sharks game.


Best view of from the stadium isn't facing the game.



So now I have to drink every drop of this August heat.  More happy hours, more pools, and definitely more beach. I plan to finish at least 3 more books on the beach (honestly I don't seem to have this time to read in the winter)  I am leaving in 2 weeks for a Atlantic City night with the girls and we intend to spend the day prior and after working on our tans and ability to work a beach bar.  Trump update will follow.
 Have your made your bucket list for the last month of summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment