Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Tree Down

All down my block lay Christmas Trees kicked to the curb.  It's actually a sad sight, all the poor trees that lit up our living rooms and hosted our gifts for a mere month before being tossed back into the cold.  But I am happy to say I honored my tree and the holiday all December long by celebrating as much as possible.
 This year my mom and I attended a town holiday house tour in Haddonfield, NJ.  Some of the houses in Haddonfield are worth a tour without all the lights and wreaths, but the season really set it off.  It was early in Dec and it was a great jump start to get into the holiday spirit.  (Just ask the group of ladies in front of us that were clearly fresh from happy hour, fa la lala la la la la)
Then the girls and I went to NYC to bundle up and see the tree and visit Bryant Park.  We had lunch overlooking the ice skating rink while sipping candy cane cocktails.  Of course I baked...
..And Hosted..


We caught the town Christmas Parade

Enjoyed dinner and games at the office holiday party at Cafe Aldo Lamberti

Had a great Pollyanna Dinner with my girlfriends at Giumarello's and ate amazing salmon,  had lots of champagne cocktails, and received super soft VS PJs which I wore....
 In Atlantic City.  Probably one of my favorite things I did this holiday was disappear into AC for the weekend.  I showed up in a scarf and heavy jacket and got to strip down to a bathing suit and sandals.  It was such a nice change.  We rented a daybed and got waited on all day while we relaxed and took a breather from the hustle and bustle of buying, wrapping and entertaining.  It was a quick dip out of reality and right into a pool.  And I loved every minute.





We arrived early
And stayed late
We stayed at Chelsea and got dressed up to check out the decor and grab dinner at the Trop

We soaked up the hot tubs at the spa and heated salt water outdoor pool.  Yes, outdoor- I lasted a whole 5 minute and was proud of that.
Shopping at the outlets
This year we also hit the mother ship of Christmas lights.  Every year a few days before Christmas I grab a hot chocolate and go looking for amazing Christmas lights.  This year we found a block that I think was in competition with one another, which was great for us.  And because of this odd warm weather we got out and walked around for awhile taking all their effort in, and we were just part of the crowd.
I hosted a Christmas "Eve Eve" Party, attended two great actual Christmas Eve Parties and spent the actual holiday with people I love.  
"Winners" at the Christmas "Eve/Eve" Party


Yep, this is how we showed up Christmas Morning


Whew, I threw a lot into the month but I am happy to say I did not let December fly by without enjoying all it had to offer.   In past years I had felt like the holiday would be over and I was too busy to enjoy it.  This year I made sure not to let that happen, and I think that starts a new tradition.
Take a cookie before you leave, and have a Happy Holiday

Freeze grapes and raspberries overnight with "sugar" to keep champagne and wine cold for your guests

No comments:

Post a Comment