Friday, March 18, 2011

A spring tease

Warm breeze that kisses your skin, slipping on your sun glasses at first step out the door, dinner on a deck with a cold drink. Today was a much needed and beautiful glimpse into spring and what's to come.  I have always been a warm weather/summer girl.  Sure I love to sit by a fire in a perfect sweater with hot chocolate and watch the first snowfall of the year.  But by day two, I am over it.  Way over it.
 I can think of 1,000 things I love to do in the warm weather, beaches and rooftop pools topping this long list.  When I think of the cold and disappearing  sun at 5pm in February, I think...closet cleaning time-                                                       not fun.
So when I walked outside today for work in a sleeveless dress with peep toe heels for the first time this year (yes, I realize March is early for a peep toe but I couldn't resist and I had a fresh pedicure from a wedding last weekend) ,I was completely happy and renewed.  All the sudden my energy level jumped up. I was researching the festivals coming to Philly and trying to find the local winefests for '11.  With all this renewed energy, Girl who needs a Nap turned to Girl with a Mission.  Mission: make the breezeway a airy place to read, sip wine, and enjoy the breeze.  Mission accomplished. 
So, although I noticed that the weather is going back to normal March dreariness tomorrow, I plan to continue to accomplish my to-do list around the house so when the warm weather hits again I can just whip up a pitcher of mojitios, and enjoy the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment