Saturday, June 11, 2011

Breaking in the Beach 2011 Style!

Blogging via Oceanside! First shore day of the year. I had to come down to meet with the realtor to find a summer rental so I decided to make the most of my day. After viewing a bunch of homes on nothing but coffee I decided to cross the bridge to Strathmere to get the best shrimp salad sandwich Jersey shore has to offer! Thank you Deauville Inn for not only serving a fab meal but doing so on an outside deck on the bay. Afterwards, I parked at 8th n Ocean to strategically enter at the 9th street bathroom ( quick bathing suit change made me feel like Superman...except I changed in a handicap bathroom, not a roomy phone booth...but only because I couldn't find one??).  Also, Atlantic books is right there. I wanted a chuckle so I picked up Chelsea Handlers, "My horizontal life." Not based on a life on the straight and narrow, rather a collection of her one night stands.. More info on that to come! Anyway, I would describe today's weather as invitingly warm with a calming cool breeze. Not a day to bake in the sun, but rather enjoy a book and a nap with the sound of the ocean. It's beautiful. It was the perfect weather to relax in all day and I could have stayed on the beach until 9:00 (but I was parked at a meter that said you must move by 6pm,so bossy)  And no one bothered me all day, besides this guy....




And I forgave him when we agreed he could hang out as long as he didn't crap on me. He admitted that is not good luck, they are just fucking with us. Sorry, Chels curses a lot. I think I'll read some Hemingway next. Get to the beach bloggers, summers are so short in the dirty Jerz!




No comments:

Post a Comment