Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple Crisp Recipe

This has my kitchen smelling so good right now I have to share.........  
Courtesy of Springdale Farms

 I have a few friends coming over tomorrow night to sit around the fire. The plan is to sip some wine before we walk over to a local haunted house.  I wanted to put out a few desserts and when I found this Apple Crisp Mix at Springdale Farm this past weekend, I couldn't resist. (www.mccutcheons.com) Of course they also had baskets of freshly picked apples sitting right next to the mix. Don't short yourself this time of year, go to your local farm and get them fresh.  I stole a taste while I was cutting them up, and it was so worth it.

9" crisp
Preheat oven to 375. Peel and slice 5 medium apples.  Blend together 1-1/4 cup of mix and 4 tablespoons of melted butter.  Spread apple slices in a buttered 9" pie dish and sprinkle with crumbly mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes.  THAT EASY

*For anyone who is gluten free, I also have a healthier option I will offer.  Slice a few pealed apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes.  You can serve them on a plate with almond or peanut butter.

What can smell better in your kitchen in the fall? .... Oh, a handsome man who wants to do your dishes you say? I agree, but no one showed up tonight so I will stick with the crisp.

I will also mention that I did my slicing while burning a warm autumn wax cube over a tea light and that smell had me in the mood to bake. I also stuck to the Sinatra station on Pandora which  offers up greats like Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin and Louie Armstrong.  It is all about setting a mood baby, never know when the cologne guy will walk in to do the dishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment