Friday, October 28, 2011

Tortilla Press Cantina, SABROSO!

Mom and I just attended a Gluten Free Cooking class hosted by one of my fav restaurants, Tortilla Press.  Tortilla Press has two delish locations- one location is the Collingswood BYOB (they will bring you pitchers of margaritas, you bring the tequila) The other is Pennsaukens Cantina, drinks provided.
 A few weeks ago I attended a brunch in Collingswood that I am still dreaming about....And dinner last night was no disappointment!  They started our class with red sangria with a sunken cherry and a skinny orange slice.  The table had three options to dip your chips; a black bean, a salsa, and avocado mix.  Chef Mark is so sweet.  He is the also the owner of the Press and you can tell he has a real love and passion for what he does.  While he was cooking up a storm for us he would give us tips and let us in on where he shops for some of his products.  He started us with a taste or three apps, followed by a yummy red chile chicken soup and then prepared a perfect chipotle shrimp dish with quinoa.  All of this was so good at every bite, but then the dessert came out and stole the show.  If you have ever tried to eat GFree, you know that fighting the sometimes bland taste is your biggest battle.  Welcome, Boston Creme Yummy.  This is not sugar free, but it is dairy and gluten free.  Before I put fork to mouth I boldly said," I am definitely trying this." What would have been more accurate is, "I am killing this plate and licking my fork." It was AH MAZE ING.  Besides my mothers chocolate chip banana bread, it was the best Gfree dessert I have ever had.  And because life is good, the bakery in Collingswood that Chef Marks pulls his Gfree desserts from has more then one option.  Insert plug for the fabulous DiBartolos Bakery, Haddon Ave, Collingswood NJ.  I am now one of their biggest fans.
Best Brunch
 Next week we are celebrating my grandparents !60th! wedding anniversary.  I will most certainly be making a pit stop at DiBartolos before the party. I can't wait until Chef Mark hosts another event, but in the meantime I can grab his lunch, dinner or brunch to hold me over.
Avocado Crab Tostada

I think I will always add cabbage instead of crackers in my soup from now on


Perfectly cooked shrimp

Kind Chef Mark

I wish I had this again right now

As you can see, we didn't like our dessert at all

No comments:

Post a Comment