Monday, May 30, 2011

Sum Summer

I LOVE summer!  It is my favorite time of year for many reasons.  One, it reminds me of my favorite place to live, Florida.  Two, I (like many women) feel my best with a sun kissed tan.  (I know there are people who love the snow white theme on their face and thighs, good for you toothpicks!) And three, the fact that you have sunlight until at least 8pm making the day longer and thus more productive, makes me a happy girl.
 I also live for the Jersey Shore.  It's dreams of the shore that get me through the cold Jersey Winters. (That and a tropical vaca circa February or March)
 Some of my fondest childhood memories are from the Jersey Shore.  Beach days where you get lost in the sand and the fun game you play with the seagulls where you try and eat the sandwich you packed for lunch before they swoop down and steal it only inches from your mouth.  Falling asleep with the sound of the ocean while the sun is beating on your bikini belly.  Nights on the boardwalk with hoodies and fries.  Shopping in all the little stores, trying out henna tattoos and flirting with the boys.  Graduating to the age of Beach Bars and No Shower Happy Hours.  Atlantic City nightlife, the trouble you find on girls nights away.  Bike rides on the boardwalk in the morning.  Renting the house with the perfect deck and crab nights with frozen daiquiris.  I could literally go on forever.
 I was so busy with work and life and planning to take mom away for her birthday that I let the normal time I call the realtor to show me houses, just pass right by. It should be fun to try and find the perfect house this late in the season, but I don't care, I love it.
 But now that I am not a kid, it isn't the shore all summer.  Because of course, I have to work now.  I think that is the one thing complaining students will never truly appreciate until it is gone, SUMMERS OFF! So I need something for the in between visits.  Introducing, the mini pool...
Our first swimmer
Sharing the love
Now I don't have a large back yard (or I would be introducing the fabulous in-ground pool), so I was working with what I could.  And I love it.  When I woke up today the first thing I did was put my bathing suit on.  And I look forward to doing that on the weekends I'm home, and the week nights after a long hot day.  I already bought floats, I have already been floating.  I am sure my yard would look nicer with the green grass and open areas, but who would use that!  I am very excited to entertain and share this with my friends and family.  With a little Pandora Radio and a drink in hand you can close your eyes and float all the way out of the yard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment