Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cleaning out the Fridge!

The other day my girlfriend and I were out shopping and discussing how summer is always the hardest when it comes to clean eating. There are so many outdoor happy hours, BBQ's and parties to compete with.  Not to mention all the beach and boardwalk trips that lend to a slice of pizza.  After a month of indulgence, it is time to clean house.  You all know my feeling of your body is your temple, you are what you eat.  (cue "I don't remember eating a sexy beast" joke :) 
So I finally got to whole foods today to get started.  Since last nights dinner was an apple, goat's milk yogurt and almonds- I knew it could not wait any longer! I will be posting the healthy choices and photos here so feel free to follow along, steal ideas and add any comments or helpful ideas of your own.  I love to hear from my readers! Remember if you email me privately your tips can only be read by me, if you share on the bottom of the page you can help everyone!
Here is what we are going to be working with this week:

The bulk of the trip.  Especially excited about finding dark chocolate coconut milk.  I don't eat dairy but I have grown to love almond and coconut milk much much more! Apples, mango, carrots, brussels sprouts, romaine leaves (bread substitute) grass fed ground meat, organic chicken sausage (local farmer), avocados,  big container of spinach for smoothies and dinner!

How adorable is this apple?  I saw the leaf and had to have it. Now I just won't be able to bring myself to cut it up! I think they stole it from the Snow White  set.


This is lazy of me but my little indulgence.  Perfect salad topper: goats cheese,  cranberries, crushed pecans
Wild caught Mahi Mahi <3 *avoid farm raised whenever you can
My eggs are organic, cage free (free roaming) and fed no animal by product (yuck)


Because my shopping got me home late I packed up this little to go box for dinner. For dessert I had a small piece of 80% cacao chocolate (well not too small)



Happy Healthy Eating





No comments:

Post a Comment